- Camping in Franklin Square is not permitted.
- Sleeping on park benches or tables is not permitted.
- Please be kind to the park. Do not litter or dump items. Do not remove any plants, animals or rocks. And please do not feed or disturb the birds or wildlife.
- Driving any motorized vehicles, riding bicycles, skateboards, scooters or skates is not permitted
- Permits are required for vending or solicitation, product sampling or distribution, musical and entertainment performances, special events, parties and assemblies and for any professional photography. Permits must be presented to park staff upon request. To apply for a photography permit, click here. For special events and rentals, click here.
- Cleats or spikes can damage the lawns and are not permitted. Digging or installing poles or tents is also prohibited.
- The use of metal detection devices is banned.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited by law at Franklin Square as well as other parks in the City of Philadelphia.
- Alcoholic beverages are banned except for in designated areas during permitted events.
- All illegal substances are never permitted.
Picnics, Meetings, & Assemblies
- Picnics are welcome but grills or cooking equipment are not permitted. Picnic table usage in the public space is on a first-come first served basis and is limited to one picnic table per party. To assure that everyone can enjoy the park facilities, there is a two-hour limit to picnic tables and benches.
- Groups of 25 or more require a permit. Additional tables, time or restrictions in the public space require a permit.
- We love pets and we love responsible pet owners even more. In the park green spaces, pets are welcome on a leash no greater than 6 feet.
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not permitted on the Parx Liberty Carousel, in Philly Mini Golf or in the Franklin Square Playground.
- Owners must clean up after their pets or be subject to a fine.
Sports in the public lawn areas are permitted for schools and neighbors under the following conditions:
- The lawn area is available and not scheduled for any other activity
- Tickets/fees are not charged for the activity
- Stakes and/or permanent markings are not used
- Cleats are not utilized for the sport/activity
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, proper attire must be worn at all times.
- Shirts and appropriate footwear are required in the park attractions and inside any enclosed food location.
- Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics are not permitted.
You may be asked to leave if your clothing is deemed by management to be inappropriate.
Guests using profanity or abusive language, symbols or gestures may be ejected from the park without refund.
- Parents/guardians are expected to provide adequate monitoring of their children.
- Parents/guardians will be held responsible for damages incurred due to acts of vandalism or poor supervision.
- We will notify appropriate authorities of any children found abandoned or left unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Soliciting guests for money on park property is prohibited. Violators will be expelled from the park ground.
- The distribution of food, beverage, merchandise samples or street vending are not permitted without a permit from our Events Department.
Permits are required for:
- Vending or solicitation
- Product sampling or distribution, musical and entertainment performances, special events, parties and assemblies and for any professional photography.
Permits must be presented to park staff upon request.
Get your permit application here.
Food & Beverages
All food and beverages for parties and special events rentals must be coordinated through our Events Department. Food and beverages are not permitted on the Parx Liberty Carousel or in Philly Mini Golf at any time.
No alcoholic beverages can be brought into the park. Alcoholic beverages may be consumed in the park only during permitted private events and then only in designated areas. Excessive consumption of alcohol is cause for ejection from the park without refund.
By entering the park, guests grant Historic Philadelphia, Inc., the right to film, videotape, or photograph him/her on Franklin Square park property for any reason, without payment or consideration. All attractions are protected by copyright. Guests must have written permission to use photographs and/or videotape of Franklin Square images for commercial broadcasting, advertising, marketing, or publishing in any medium.
Guests wishing to utilize Franklin Square as a venue for professional photography require a permit.
Attraction Rider Responsibility
- There is an inherent risk in participating in any amusement ride. Riders are expected to exercise good judgment and act in a responsible manner.
- Guests must also obey all oral and written warnings and properly use all ride safety equipment provided. Guests who do not comply with ride rules may be ejected from the park without refund. Please refer to specific guidelines posted at the entrance of every ride.
- Ride operators reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone they deem pose a safety hazard to themselves or others.
Safety is our top priority. Ride manufacturers dictate safety guidelines which include height/weight regulations to assure proper function of safety restraints as designed. These guidelines are dictated by the ride manufacturer and cannot be altered.
Our rides and attractions have been inspected as required by the Pennsylvania Ride and Inspection Act.
- Guests are not permitted to enter storage areas, mechanical rooms or other restricted areas, including ride areas, fenced and/or barricaded areas or water areas. Personal items that are lost in these areas should be reported to a staff member.
- Guests found trespassing into restricted areas may be ejected from the park without refund.
We offer various child and adult individual attraction tickets, combination tickets and tickets for other Historic Philadelphia, Inc. locations.
- Unless otherwise specified, tickets are good for one use only and expire at the end of the operating season that they were purchased.
- Tickets not sold by authorized Historic Philadelphia, Inc. agents will not be honored.