The Betsy Ross House is currently closed to the public.
We encourage all of our visitors to stay safe, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
The well-known and loved story of Betsy Ross sewing the first Stars & Stripes is tightly woven into the colorful fabric of America's rich history. The Betsy Ross House, the birthplace of the American flag, is alive with the sights and sounds of the 18th century. Tour the house and then stay a while longer to learn more about Betsy and her exciting life and times through our interactive, historical programming.
Location & Hours
The Betsy Ross House is located in Philadelphia's charming Historic District at 239 Arch Street.
- March 1 - November 30, 2019: Daily, 10 am - 5pm
- Extended hours until 6 pm: June 9 - September 2
- Extended hours until 8 pm: Rebel Thursdays through August 29; First Fridays, June - October
- December 1, 2019 - February 29, 2020: Tuesdays - Sundays, 10 am - 5pm; closed at 3 pm on December 24 (Open Martin Luther King, Jr. Day & Presidents' Day)
The Betsy Ross House Gift shop and Courtyard are open daily, unless otherwise noted, from 10 am - 5 pm.
Audio Tours (English)
Audio tours include admission to the house.
- Adults:$5 BUY TICKETS »
- Children/Seniors/Military/Students:$4 BUY TICKETS »
- ACCESS Cardholders:$2 BUY TICKETS »
Please note: The nearly 300-year-old narrow, winding stairs of the Betsy Ross House are not accessible to strollers, wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters. For guests with mobility issues, the Museum offers either a “first-floor tour”, which includes some walking and two steps up/down. For those unable to walk unassisted, we offer a complimentary audio guide with a book of pictures depicting the inside of the house. The courtyard, including Betsy Ross’s grave and a seasonal medicinal herb garden, the museum store, and exhibition gallery are all accessible. A first floor accessible restroom is also available. Please refer to our staff when you arrive, we are happy to accommodate any needs to ensure a fun and informative visit to our museum!
Planning a group trip to Philadelphia? The Betsy Ross House offers discounted admission to ALL groups of 20 or more. Experience the history of this iconic landmark and meet the First Lady of the Stars & Stripes!
Hear Betsy's Story With An Audio Tour!
Now when you tour this authentic 18th-century home you can meet Betsy and listen to her story of love, death, and the Revolutionary War. Come and experience the birthplace of the American flag as you hear all about Betsy Ross’s life - the businesswoman, revolutionary, mother, and wife.
Kid’s Audio Tours Available!
Now kids ages 4 – 8 can tour the house as they learn about Betsy Ross, the flag, and life in the 18th century while they solve 13 “history mysteries.”
- For additional information regarding ticketing, special accommodations, or other inquiries, please contact Visitor Services by email at
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215.629.5801
Betsy Ross House Virtual Tour
Want to check out some of the House's rooms before your visit? Take the virtual 360-degree tour.
Meet Betsy in Her Upholstery Shop
Meet Betsy in person, hard at work plying her trade, and have the chance to ask the famous lady, not only about how she came to sew the nation's first Stars & Stripes but all about her fascinating life and business. See real upholsterer's tools and learn first-hand how they were used in this exhibit made possible with the support of American Express.
- Through June 7: Monday - Friday: 10 am - 4 pm; Saturdays and Sundays: 10 am - 5 pm; Friday, June 7: 10 am - 8 pm
- June 9 - September 2: Friday - Wednesday: 10 am - 6 pm; Thursdays and First Fridays: 10 am - 8pm
- September 3 - November 30: Monday – Friday: 10 am - 4 pm, Saturdays and Sundays: 10 am - 5 pm; Friday, November 29: 10 am - 5 pm
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors, it's all listed right here!