Once Upon A Nation in Valley Forge
Just a few miles outside Historic Philadelphia, even more history awaits. Experience fantastic Once Upon A Nation programming at Valley Forge National Historical Park, where the past is alive and well. Funding made possible with proceeds from the Valley Forge Revolutionary 5-Mile Run.
Come and listen as specially trained storytellers share riveting stories of the Valley Forge encampment, and how it became a turning point in the Revolutionary War. Best of all, it’s completely FREE!
Locations & Hours
Once Upon A Nation Storytelling Benches are located at the Train Station at General Washington's Headquarters, the Valley Forge Visitors Center, and the Muhlenberg Brigade.
- May 25 - 27, Memorial Day Weekend: Daily, 11 am - 4 pm
- June 1 - June 9: Saturdays and Sundays, 11 am - 4 pm
- June 10 - August 11: Daily, 11 am - 4 pm
- August 17 - 31: Saturdays and Sundays, 11 am - 4 pm
- September 1 - 2, Labor Day Weekend: Daily, 11 am - 4 pm
- September 7 - October 20: Saturdays and Sundays, 11 am - 4 pm
Valley Forge Secrets & Spies
George Washington needs your help! There’s rumor of a plot to have him kidnapped at Valley Forge. Be the first to enlist and join an American spy network to uncover the traitors involved. FREE! No reservation is required.
Location & Hours
Valley Forge Secrets & Spies begins at the Train Station at General Washington's Headquarters.
- June 15: 12:30 pm and 2 pm
- June 22: 12:30 pm
- June 29: 12:30 pm
- July 4: 12:30 pm and 2 pm
- July 6, 13, 20 & 27: 12:30 pm
- August 3, 10 & 18: 12:30 pm