Tippler's Tour: Colonial Pub Crawl
Now known as one of the best beer drinking cities in the nation, Philadelphia didn’t earn this reputation overnight. From the brewing of the first American Porter to the tavern traditions of days gone by, learn the history behind Philadelphia’s storied beer drinking past on the famous Tippler's Tour Colonial Pub Crawl!
This weekly tour takes visitors on an adventure into the heart of Colonial Philadelphia’s pub culture with stops at four modern day watering holes and one Colonial tavern. Along the way, visitors will indulge in a sip of history while enjoying drinks and snacks at Salon 401 at The Franklin, National Mechanics, Victoria Freehouse, Independence Visitor Center Cafe, plus the historical City Tavern. Now complete with three seasonal flavors, there is always something new to discover on the Tippler’s Tour.
Ben Franklin's Birthday Limited Edition Tippler's Tour
Dr. Benjamin Franklin's SPECIAL Birthday Tippler's Tour returns for FOUR DATES ONLY in January 2017! Hit the streets of Historic Philadelphia with Ben and raise a toast to Philadelphia's favorite Founding Father in honor of his 311th birthday! Delight in lighthearted toasts and spirited songs, delivered by the famous inventor and statesmen himself, and enjoy savory snacks and seasonal beverages at The Franklin Hotel, Victoria Freehouse, The Little Lion, and City Tavern.
January 13, 14, 20 & 21, 5:30 pm, Friday & Saturday
- Tours depart from the Independence Visitor Center, 6th & Market Streets.
- Tours last approximately 2 hours.
- For additional information regarding ticketing, special accommodations, or other inquiries, please contact Visitor Services at 215.629.5801.
- To plan a private Tippler's Tour for a group of 20 or more, contact the Group Sales Department by email at email@example.com or call 215.629.5801 x209.
- A total of about 7 blocks are walked throughout the evening.
- Tour concludes at the historic City Tavern at about 7:30pm.
- Please notify our team and tavern/location staff of any allergies or special needs.
- For directions, parking information, cab information, and mass transit information, please visit our Getting Here & Directions page
- Call 215.629.4026 if you have further unanswered questions
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors, it's all listed right here!