Meet Betsy Ross
Meet with Betsy Ross in her upholstery shop, daily 10 am – 4 pm.
All hours are subject to change without notice. Located at 239 Arch Street.
Independence Visitor Center
Meet a Once Upon A Nation History Maker! Who is that, you ask? They are lesser-known historic figures who lived in Philadelphia like David Salisbury Franks, a hero of the American Revolution and aide-de-camp to Benedict Arnold.
Thursdays through Saturday 11 am to 3 pm. Located at 6th & Market Streets
Free Quaker Meeting House
Visit this historic house of worship where Revolutionary War-ear Free Quakers met, and learn about their impact on Colonial Philadelphia.
Do you hear the drum beating?
The Continental Army is recruiting a few good kids for drills in the art of marching and musket etiquette.
Location: Signers' Garden, 5th & Chestnut Streets
Dates and Hours:
- May 24 - 26: Memorial Day Weekend, 2 & 3 pm
- May 30 - June 7: Fridays and Saturdays, 2 & 3 pm
- June 10 - August 16: Tuesdays through Saturdays, 2 & 3 pm
- August 22 - 30: Tuesdays through Saturdays, 2 & 3 pm
- August 31 - September 1: Labor Day Weekend, 2 & 3 pm
End of Day Declaration Readings
Greet the History Makers and hear moving readings from the Declaration of Independence.
Location: Independence Square, behind Independence Hall
Dates and Hours:
- May 24 - 26: Memorial Day Weekend, 3:45 pm
- May 30 - June 7: Fridays and Saturdays, 3:45 pm
- June 10 - August 16: Tuesdays through Saturdays, 3:45 pm
- August 22 - 30: Fridays and Saturdays, 3:45 pm
- August 30 - September 1: Labor Day Weekend, 3:45 pm
Click the video above to play!View Video Gallery »
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, Lights of Liberty, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors and dazzling 3-D shows, it's all listed right here!
News & Alerts
No alerts at this time.